Subject: Re: [Leica] "Stock" options
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:24:11 +0100

on 29/3/00 4:32 pm, Gib Robinson at robinson@sfsu.edu wrote:

> I've reached the point where I want to start cataloging digital images I
> have on photo CD's in a searchable database. I've been looking at a software
> program called Portfolio by Extensis; but I don't know much about the
> options. Any suggestions?

I use Portfolio, but it continually frustrates me. It's really half-assed,
though it basically does what it needs to. I keep swearing to do something
in Filemaker that would be better, but never have. The best thing about
Portfolio is its ability to comb through folders for image files and create
thumbnails etc, but there are a LOT of things about it I despise. EG the
fact that when you make changes to a gallery and click the close box IT
DOESN'T SAVE YOUR CHANGES!!!!!!! In fact you have to overwrite the old
gallery manually... duhhhhhhh.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com