Subject: [Leica] Temporary Fare-thee-well
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:35:28 -0700

My wife and I are off for a short holiday to Victoria from our darling
effervescent "He who must be changed". Poppa and Nana are here to take over
those duties but are not interested in also monitoring Leica-user etiquette
so you are all on your own. We are off to the land where the Wild Ted grows
so our eyes will be peeled for chaps with Leicas in one hand and underwear
in other. I will be bringing my first 10 rolls of Provia F and my, new to
me, 35/1.4 asph. The 35/1.4 was at one time owned by a "black sharpie"
aficionado and the letters on the front of the lens are blacked out. To what
purpose this was done is completely unfathomable to me but I will keep it
that way to cheer me up when times are grim. There will be no housekeeping
posts this Friday so your delete key will get a well deserved rest.

Cheers

John Collier