Subject: Re: [Leica] adapter problem with 15mm Heliar
From: Jeff Spirer <jeff@spirer.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:13:38 -0800

> > I recently picked up the Voightlander Heliar to use mostly with my M
> cameras.
> > I've tried two aftermarket adapters but the lens does not line up at the 12
> > o'clock position when mounted with the adapter.  This has led to
> > underexposure problems of 1-2 stops!

There seems to be an obvious explanation to this that has been missed,
which has nothing to do with the alignment, if the lens is being used with
TTL metering.  The meter will see a *much* larger area than with less
extreme wide angles, and may be metering large expanses of sky, which would
obviously cause underexposure.

I would suggest testing with a hand held meter, especially a spot meter if
available, and seeing if the area that was measured is properly exposed.

Cheers,

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/