Subject: RE: [Leica] Kindermann Canada camera servicing
From: Jeff Spirer <jeff@spirer.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 15:27:16 -0800

At 05:09 PM 4/1/00 -0500, Austin Franklin wrote:

>If I leave my company, and go to a competitor, and I, or my company through
>information obtained from me, solicit my old colleagues, that certainly
>would create a problem.

Where are all the lawyers when you need them?

In the US, there is certainly no problem, and this kind of recruiting is
common.  People are sometimes hired specifically because they can bring
many people from their prior amployer.

"No recruit" contracts signed with an employer are legally enforceable, but
aren't that common.  It's generally only used for top executives who could
potentially harm a business, typically during a merger.  "No hire"
contracts are generally not enforceable.  In most states, even "no compete"
contracts are not enforceable.

  Not sure what this has to do with photography, but there it is...

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/