Subject: Re: [Leica] Never ready angst!-Related -sort of
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:14:26 +0200

Yes, I too become a bit worried when I have too easy a time going through
security. I fly twice a week these days between Brussels and Zurich and have
taken to using a lead-lined bag to protect the PJ800 and D3200 films.  The
lead-lined bag goes either in my camera bag or in my briefcase. I feel less
secure when it just slides through and more secure when they stop me and ask to
have a look inside (at neither airport are they able to see through the lead
lining). Same thing with an external rechargable battery for my Sharp Zaurus
PDA; it looks very much like a suspicious object on the screen, and I am
surprised when I am NOT asked to open  my briefcase when I travel with this
device.

Nathan

BOB KRAMER wrote:

> I was at the Newark airport last week on the way back to Atlanta and handed
> my M3 to the security person as I went through the metal detectors.  She
> commented that the lens cap was on, but still proceeded to look through the
> viewfinder.  I told her I would take the lens cap off, but she smiled and
> said "I can see through the camera" and handed it back to me and waived me
> on.  Made me feel *real* secure!
>
> Bob Kramer

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman