Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Never ready angst! - Nose Grease
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:47:38 EST

In a message dated 3/30/00 3:33:17 PM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< Speaking of nose grease...I am  being driven totally nuts by the fact that

> when I use my 21 on my M I find that I am coating my finder window with

nose

> grease when I used the 21 finder...Does anyone have a clever solution for

> this other than 'don't use a finder,' which is a wise-ass, rather than

> clever, solution. ;-)

1) Grasp camera body with left hand,  lens pointing away from (your) body.
2) Hold rear of viewfinder approximately 1-2" from front of shirt,
approximately half way between second and third buttons, as seen when looking
directly down.
3) Insert right thumb between sections of shirt and press against rear of
viewfinder.
4) Rotate  cloth against rear of viewfinder until grease is gone.
5) Resume shooting.

Entire operation takes about 3 seconds.

If you are left-handed, feel free to use right hand to hold camera, and left
thumb to clean finder. :)

Scott Stewart