Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Never ready angst! - Nose Grease
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:04:15 EST

Someone asked

>does anyone have a clever solution for
 this other than 'don't use a finder,' which is a wise-ass, rather than
 clever, solution. ;-)

Someone else responded

>1) Grasp camera body with left hand,  lens pointing away from (your) body.
>2) Hold rear of viewfinder approximately 1-2" from front of shirt,
>approximately half way between second and third buttons, as seen when looking
directly down.
>3) Insert right thumb between sections of shirt and press against rear
>of viewfinder.
>4) Rotate  cloth against rear of viewfinder until grease is gone.
>5) Resume shooting.

I'm not an expert on these matters but this certainly seems like a "wise-ass"
rather than "clever" response to me. Still, I'll withold forming a judgement
until I hear what the rest to the group says . . .

Bob (knows one when he sees one) McEowen