Subject: [Leica] Re: Never ready angst! - Nose Grease
From: "timphipps" <timphipps@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:16:34 -0500

B.D. --

    You made my day with that post.  I actually sent my on-trial 21 back for
that very reason and exchanged it for a 24 because I could use the 24
without the extra finder.  Ask Sam Shoshan--I really did it.  I thought I
was being way too eccentric to actually admit it to anyone and now I am
sharing it with the whole LUG world!

I have no solution other than a nose job.  Actually, since I got the 24 I
have found that I do use the extra viewfinder more than I expected because
the lens shade blocks so much of the rangefinder view.  I shot a bunch with
it today, and thanks for reminding me--I forgot to clean the window!
Seriously, I have found that with much use (I love the 24) I sort of learned
to keep my nose out of places it doesn't belong--somehow that doesn't sound
right--and don't smear the window as often.  Must be something like Dan
Post's instinctive shooting.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Tim Phipps

Original