Subject: [Leica] Guatemala Project (please delete if not interested)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:32:58 -0500

Dear LUG:

I got a newsletter from the director of the Children's Photography Project
in the dump in Guatemala.  It's very long and she sounds very
discouraged.  If you are interested, I will e-mail the entire thing, but
here are excerpts.  I replied that the LUGs have collected some stuff and a
little money and that when I come down in June I will bring everything and
a medical brigade to have a clinic in the dump.  If you can help with any
of the list of needs, please do.  I'll get it there.

>Letter From The Director
>
>Summer is here. The jacarandas, flame trees and the orchids are in bloom.
>The air is filled with smoke as the hillsides are burned to get ready for
>the first rain and the sowing of crops. The mosquito net and the fans are
>brought out. And we all give a collective sigh here that the first most
>difficult months of the year are over. I don't remember another year
>starting out with so many highs and lows as this one.

Long clip that I will send if you are interested.

>WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
>We have to have the mailing list of the some of the most talented people
>around. Due to this support we've been able to pull off an incredible
>amount of successes-so I'm throwing these things out to see if any of you
>have ideas or contacts;
>We need:
>*Mac Computers -able to handle at least PhotoShop 3
>*A person that speaks some Spanish and that can teach the kids web design
>*Anyone who could give some workshops in advertising production
>*Old cameras you aren't using anymore, as long as they still work-no parts
>for repairs I'm afraid down here
>*Buy the book, and the bead bracelets
>*Visit our web site,
>*Know of any places where we could exhibit
>*Any ideas on Foundations that could give us a grant-I'd love to find money
>to hire on someone who could help direct the program here freeing me up to
>fundraise and administrate the creative programs
>**Bead Bracelet prices,
>2" jaguar bracelet $12
>1" volcanoes  $6
>!' sanke print $6