Subject: [Leica] Odd M3
From: Mitch Alland <malland@mac.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2000 22:31:10 -0500

>DonjR43198 >>>>>>
>Unfortunately, Solms Leica could not duplicate the M-3 at any price.  They no
>longer have the craftsmen and craftswomen who can do the precision work
needed to duplicate the M-2, M-3 and M-4 cameras.  It would be like asking
>the Ford assembly line to manufacture a Rolls Royce.

I see the  politically correct "craftsmen and craftswomen" but its unhistoric as, sorry, you can be pretty sure there were no craftswoman at Leitz when they were making the M3. Indeed, I would suprised if there were any now.

Back in 1970, I managed a VW imoport operation in Thailand and we had woman mechanics in many of our dealers. There were several features on this in the VW in-house magazine because the idea of a woman car mechanic was a novelty fot the Germans, as hardly any German would havr trusted his beloved car to a woman mechanic.

- --Mitch