Subject: Re: [Leica] Odd M3
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:45:27 -0800

Min-Yi Shen (Now- there's a LUGger who doesn't sound like he comes from
Kansas!! )
You lucky duck! I traded my M3 and $300 for an M6 because I wanted the 35mm
view lines- and finally got an M4 since I like the uncluttered VF of the old
Leicas! (also an excuse to ceremoniuosly take out the Weston Master V and
wave it under the noses of my victims, er- SUBJECTS!
I wonder if it had one of those fabled and expensive VF/RF transplants? If
so, you are getting the best of two worlds! The M3 is a fine camera!
It would not be a bad idea for Leica to re-issue a commemorative series of
the M3! I bet a lot of folks would scramble for them if they weren't to
dear, or scarce! do them with the improved viewfinder, and with a PC flash
connector.
After the IIIf Red Dial, I think the M3 was one of the centuries design
coups. It is a work of art in its own right.
Best of light to you!
Dan (Non! Je ne regrette rien!) Post