Subject: [Leica] 35mm rubber hood cap
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 23:58:31 EST

<<I to have the latest pre-asph 35/2 and noticed the following a couple of

days ago.

On Leica¥s WEB site they have some more detailed documents on some of the

newer

lenses. In the description of the 35/2 asph it says that the hood is

slightly redesigned

to take the rubber cap, but it also says that the latest pre-asph can take

the new hood, and

that the hood is delivered with the cap. So I guess it is possible to get

the benefit of the

rubber cap but at the price of the new hood.>>

I'm 99% sure that I can order just the rubber hood-cap without the hood from
Leica...but I do not (and I'm 99% sure of this ) think that it will fit the
old hood. I don't have an old hood in stock now, but I'm pretty sure a guy in
my store tried it one day and it didn't fit.

I'll find out for sure and post my findings...

rich