Subject: [Leica] Odd M3 part II: M2 is female, M3 is male
From: Min-yi Shen <smy@kff1.uchicago.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:20:27 -0600 (CST)

   Frankly speaking, when I discover the truth that the M3 has been
modified to have a different VF the first reponse in my mind is:
sell the bastard! After some discussion here, I found that is not
really that bad! At least I can get rid of the bug-eyes. The worst
thing is to explain to my girlfriend: why does a poor chemistry grad
student need TWO Leica cameras??? Fortunately, I passed this course.
She even agreed to learn how to use the Leica M! (Because she thinks
it should be of a lot of fun to play with these beautiful chrome
cameras, heehee) Isn't it beautiful? Then,
"I wanna use this one."
"The M2?"
"Yea."
"Why? Because it has modern-speced speeds?"
"Nope."
"Ok, so why?"
"Because it looks like a girl."
"Oh?"
"And the M3 on your neck makes me feel like a boy."

    So I got a conclusion now. M2:M3 = feminine:masculine

Min-yi (I have a summaron on Ebay) Shen