Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V16 #85
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:37:22 -0600

- ------------------------------

>Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:53:40 -0600
>From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] flash

 >Time soon to get a flash to work TTL near
>wide open.
>
>donal
>--
>__________
>Donal Philby
>San Diego
>www.donalphilby.com
>
>Donal,

>I want that little flash too!
>No one seems to make a flash that will do that.
>My dream is a flash that will let me use open apertures and fast film.
>On my non-TTL Leica.

>I want one that works as well as Nikon flash stuff.

>Henry

- ------------------------------

I modified a small "Popular" brand flash by putting in a 16 mfd capacitor
in place of the normal one.  It's strictly a manual unit, but it gives
f/4.5 at 3 1/2 feet to f/2.5 at 12 feet.  It recycles in 1/2 sec with two
AA batteries.  I also rewired and shortened the synch cord, using one with
an M3 tip for my camera; it only needs to be about three inches long.  This
flash gives an available light look, with just a hint of fill under low
light.  I keep 85B and 40 green filters inside it to allow the flash to
match different light sources with color film.

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Univ. of Wisconsin-Milwaukee