Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 motor exposure bracketing & Pascal response
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 19:07:29 +1000

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> A question, related to the shooting soccer and having the F5 readings jump
> around depending on the color of the shirts....Which camera gave you more
> accurate rendition of the color of the shirts? If it was the F5, that would
> indicate that the color matrix metering really works. If it was the R8....ah
> well..

Both R8 and F5 produce accurate colour rendition with the Fuji Reala
print film I'm using, but that's because the lab tech's are nice to me
and try hard. But the variation in exposure from frame to frame with the
F5 gives them the willys.

To describe what I've noticed a little better, with the R8 I can pan
around the field in either matrix or centre weighted mode without much
in the way of variation.  This makes for consistent exposures.  With the
F5, as I pan, the meter jumps all over the place, in both matrix and
centre weighted.  I could use manual mode, but with the changeable light
that can be a pain.

Quite simply, I've had fewer badly exposed shots with the R8 than I have
with the F5.  And I've used the F5 on it's super dooper matrix mode
almost exclusively.  There it is.

Rick (mutters about meters) Dykstra