Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 motor exposure bracketing & Pascal response
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 19:33:23 +1000

Anders Nygren wrote:

> Have You, or anyone else here, made any more systematic
> comparisons between the two systems?

Hello Anders,

I'm wondering what I've got myself into here!

I haven't done scientific tests. But I've used the R8 and F5 in the same
applications to the point that I now believe the R8's meter works
better.  I can't explain it.  I read all the brochures and thought the
F5 would amaze me, but it hasn't.  Whenever I've used the R8 with half a
brain working, I've got good exposures, and in some challenging lighting conditions.

I take my soccer action shots with print film, so exposure inaccuracy
per se is not a critical problem.  It just makes life harder for the lab
techs.  I stick with the F5 in this role because of the autofocus.  That
way, I get more shots in focus, and frame filling too!  The mums, dads
and kids like that.

Regards

Rick Dykstra