Subject: [Leica] R8 motor exposure bracketing and Pascals response
From: dvcinc@swbell.net
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 11:02:52 -0500

Rick:

You had better get your F5 checked by Nikon. I have both an F5 and a R8. I think the R8 has a pretty good meter, better than any of the preceeding R cameras. The F5, however, has the best meter of any camera I
have ever used. I can leave it set on color matrix and have every shot be perfectly exposed on slide film. I have total confidence in that meter. If I do the same thing with the R8  I will have some exposures
that are off. I have always felt that Nikon metering was better than Leica. The F3 was better than Leicas of that vintage for example. But I still think the R8 is the best Leica SLR I have ever used and that
it does not deserve some of the criticism I read on this list. It does not have autofocus which is the reason I have the F5, but it is a fine manual focus SLR with advanced features. And, with the exception of
Nikon, its metering is as good as any.

Bob