Subject: Re: [Leica] Frank Exhibition
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 21:15:51 -0800

Donal Philby wrote:

> Prints of all 82 images from Robert Frank's book The Americans will be
> on display at the newly reopened Museum of Photographic Arts in BalBoa
> Park, San Diego, from August 27 to October 29.
>
> A better reason to visit San Diego I cannot imagine, though an
> appreciation of Tequila instead of scotch may be necessary.  I am sure
> welcome mat would be dusted off by those fortunate few who have the
> discrimination to both love Leicas and to live in San Diego, home of
> more perfect days (like today: clear sky, 75 degrees F, gentle breeze)
> than most anywhere else on the planet.>>>>>>>>

Donal mon ami,
Hey  I can't think of a better reason to visit SD ....  "Tequila for a
change!"  :)

Well OK the people there are really friendly and maybe a quick look at
the Robert Frank exhibition would rate high on the list.  Maybe even
pick-up one or two of his books if they have them during the exhibition.

So maybe we can arrange a shoot in SD after the  Leica Seminar 2000 on
Cape Cod, I'll fly down the coast to your fair city for a few days Leica
picture taking, gallery hopping and a tequila or two followed with
sushi! :)  Or maybe that should be hot Mexican food!  OK Mexican food! :)

Might even make it a LUGNUT gallery visit & night out.  The Leica
Seminar 2000 on Cape Cod is 14 to 17 September, so any time after that
would be fine. Maybe better to be close to the end of the month. And
I'll bring along a couple of motor driven R8's, one for you to play
with. :)

What say you Donal Philby and other luggers down the coast with all the
nice warm weather?

ted