Subject: [Leica] Frank Exhibition
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 13:13:30 +0000

Prints of all 82 images from Robert Frank's book The Americans will be
on display at the newly reopened Museum of Photographic Arts in BalBoa
Park, San Diego, from August 27 to October 29.

A better reason to visit San Diego I cannot imagine, though an
appreciation of Tequila instead of scotch may be necessary.  I am sure
welcome mat would be dusted off by those fortunate few who have the
discrimination to both love Leicas and to live in San Diego, home of
more perfect days (like today: clear sky, 75 degrees F, gentle breeze)
than most anywhere else on the planet.

The museum has quadrupled in size and, from all reports, is beautiful.

donal
Donal Philby
San Diego
www.donalphilby.com