Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Photgraphig Photographers
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:36:03 EDT

I have no problem with another still photographer taking a photo of me.
ANyone who has seen a darkroom bulletin board or received a "postprint" in
the mail knows it is  something of an honor or at least an acceptance into
the club when shooters shoot each other. What I don't like -- and pretty much
don't tolerate -- is TV news crews focusing their cameras on me to show media
prescence at an event (I live and work in a small enough market that this
happens from time to time). I have no desire to be shown on the evening news
and I often respond by turning away (I've yet to have to resort to finger
gestures). On the other hand, my showing up to do a story at a small rural
school or small town has occasionally been enough of a sensation that I have
made the local newspaper or the school paper. I have no problem with that.

Bob (no pictures please) McEowen