Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Photgraphig Photographers
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:42:30 -0700

Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:

> I have no problem with another still photographer taking a photo of me.
> ANyone who has seen a darkroom bulletin board or received a "postprint" in
> the mail knows it is  something of an honor or at least an acceptance into
> the club when shooters shoot each other. What I don't like -- and pretty much
> don't tolerate -- is TV news crews focusing their cameras on me to show media
> prescence at an event (I live and work in a small enough market that this
> happens from time to time). I have no desire to be shown on the evening news
> and I often respond by turning away (I've yet to have to resort to finger
> gestures). On the other hand, my showing up to do a story at a small rural
> school or small town has occasionally been enough of a sensation that I have
> made the local newspaper or the school paper. I have no problem with that.
>
> Bob (no pictures please) McEowen

I got interviewed once in my darkroom by the BBC(affiliated somehow)! If you can
belive that!
They had me chest miked and a Nagra in the next room.
I'm reading the name on the camera backwards as they are setting up pointing it
up at me and it said "Aaton."
I said "What kind of camera is this" (I wanted to know what format)
The guy (producer) then goes into a speech.
"This is a different kind of camera Mark, it shoots FILM!"
Wow! I said (we were in my darkroom don't forget) (he thought I thought it was a
video camera I guess!)
Gee film! what an innovative idea! (didn't say that, wish i did!)
Mark Rabiner