Subject: Re: [Leica] Interesting Leica news
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:21:37 -0700

D Khong wrote:

> I agree that Rollei TLRs are quieter. So is my Kodak Retina IIc. That's an
> attribute of in-lens leaf shutters. Leicas are more convenient to shoots
> with, have interchangeable lenses and are quiet enough for discreet
> shooting.
>
> Dan K.
>
> >In my opinion the Rollei TLR cameras are much more quite then my Leica M4,
> >which is rather quite in itself.
> >Mickey Rosenthal

><Snip>

The Rolleiflex is whisper quiet! But it does sound as if the shutter did not
quiet finish firing. This might be what Byron meant.
I think Byron and I had our Rolleiflexes and Leicas out doing sound checks a few
months back and the Rolleiflexes, (His GX and my 2.8 F) came in quieter than our
Leica M's. They sound as if they did not go off!
Mark Rabiner