Subject: [Leica] My Leicas in the rain
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 08:05:54 +0200

This past weekend I participated in a photo shoot organized by
"Viewfinders", the English-language photography club in Brussels. We
were based in Canterbury, in the heart of England's "green and pleasant
land". One of the club members who hails from that area guided us on an
exploration of the villages and landscapes of Kent. Unfortunately the
weather did not cooperate, as it was raining much of Saturday.
Nevertheless, my R8 got a fair amount of use and did not suffer any
damage, and my son was happily snapping away with the Leicaflex SL. He
is now 10 and really enjoys these outings with me, especially when he
gets to use a "special" lens like a macro, a super wideangle, or a shift
lens (although he did not like the latter--he found the additional
controls on the 28mm PC Super Angulon confusing). I will be picking up
the slides today (9 rolls), and I am more anxious to see his results
than my own...

Kent is a wonderful area, heartily recommended to all. In one village,
Elham, I met some incredibly friendly people who thought it was just
grand to have 20 Continental photographers crawling all over the
village. One woman invited me to come up to her garden to take advantage
of a great view of the village from her front door. Even the rain did
not put much of a damper on our enjoyment, and it taught me not to baby
my Leicas too much--they can take it (in moderation).

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman