Subject: Re: [Leica] Refinished LTM bodies
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 19:00:41 -0600

Kip Babington wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has experience either with this seller's
> refinished bodies in particular (he has a lot of positive ebay feedback,
> so I'm not concerned about his business practices) or refinished IIIs in
> general. I guess my concern is that even though I'm pretty gentle with
> my equipment, worn chrome might look better than new paint after only a
> few years.   Thanks for any thoughts any of you may have.

So long as he's good at what he does and no one's passing the camera off
as a costly original, what's the harm?

High gloss black paint looks great on Leicas! Not as long-lasting as
chrome or black chrome, but it sure can look good as it wears and it can
be repainted as often as needed. In use, it'll go from Mint to Ex++
pretty fast, but what a good-looking Ex++ that is.

- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado