Subject: re:[Leica] Refinished LTM bodies
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:26:53 EDT

I'm a big fan of Youxin Ye, and have been corresponding with him as he has
been struggling to perfect his painting of Leica bodies.  I too have not
seen one of his finished cameras in the flesh, but the five that he has on
eBay right now look fabulous.  I have purchased a lens from Youxin, and
find that he describes his stuff very conservatively.  If he tells me that
the paint job is really good on this latest batch, after telling me about
the things he didn't like about the ones he painted before, then I believe
that these are very high quality indeed.

If someone from this group buys one of these, I'd love to hear a report.
Youxin has a few future projects in mind, like putting a M mount on a
black painted IIIg or making up black paint IIIf Swedish army version
lookalikes.  I'm drooling......

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca