Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Consensus? Skopar 24mm
From: Dominique.Pellissier@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr (Dominique PELLISSIER)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:44:16 +0200 (MET DST)

>Dominique, I suggest you try one of the Cosina lenses, then see if your
>opinion remains the same. The 25/4 is a nice lens, the 15/4.5 is unmatched
>by anything Leica, the 35/1.7 comes very close to Leica quality, the 50/1.5
>closer still, and the excellent 75/2.5 is difficult to compare, as Leica
>has nothing at that focal length and aperture. Oh, and the Cosina finders
>are BETTER than Leica's.
>
>As an aside, do Cosina actually make SLR lenses in R-mount? I have yet to
>be impressed with anything they make that fits my Nikons - and even less
>impressed with things they make with Nikon (and other) names written on
>them. But the Cosina "Voigtlander" lenses are another matter altogether.
>

>John Bean

#######
John,

I've not tried Cosina lenses. The MTF-tests for the 15 and for the 25 show
that these lenses have a poor quality.
My opinion is that we buy at first a Leica lens (for its quality) and,
after, the "rear cap" for it (i.e. a leica body or a hexar rf).
The contrary seems to me irrational. A cosina lens on a Leica body is as a
pimple on the left buttock of a beautiful girl...
You write that the finders are better than Leica's. Maybe. But i read that
they are not precise.

Dominique
M. Dominique Pellissier
Maître de conférences en économie