Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:Consensus? Skopar 24mm
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 22:55:30 -0400

> I don't get it. Leica lenses have a personality, each one creates a bond
with
> it's user. After a while your mind sees the image in terms of depth and
contrast
> for each. I have never had that experience with any other lens. Why be so
> technical when you can have a love affair with your lens. Try some of the
older
> lenses. They have "legs".

I guess I just don't have such a deep relationship with my lenses...  I
like them, I know what their strengths and weaknesses are, but I just don't
get that personal with them.  I reserve that kind of stuff for my wife.
 She definitely has "legs", and I already have a love affair with her, and
it isn't so technical ;-)