Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:Consensus? Skopar 24mm
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:59:10 -0400

> I've not tried Cosina lenses. The MTF-tests for the 15 and
> for the 25 show that these lenses have a poor quality.

Look at the photos first before saying that.  I have the 25mm Skopar, the
results are very good to excellent, I can use it on my IIIf and M3, and the
price was manageable.

> A cosina lens on a Leica body is as a
> pimple on the left buttock of a beautiful girl...

Nonsense.

> You write that the finders are better than Leica's. Maybe.
> But i read that they are not precise.

Are *any* external finders truly precise?  I don't find the Cosina finders
[and I have the 25mm and the 35mm] to be any less precise than the Leica
finders I own.

/Mitch Zeissler