Subject: [Leica] Hologon vs Heliar
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 05:42:17 PDT

At 5:49 PM -0700 4/6/00, Julio Marcos wrote:
>It's funny how people consider their Leica and Contax glass a step
above
>Nikon or Canon, have religious wars about it, but then go and put
Cosina
>lenses in their Leicas. Isn't Cosina the maker of those super-cheap,
>plasticky consumer zooms?

  I don't know that the two groups are necessarily the same people. It seems
like you and the fellow with the MTFs might be in the religious war
business, but there's another group here who like to use stuff simply
because it does the job. I wonder what the MTF figures are for the $500
version of the Hologon, at f/4.5? :-)

- --Michael Darnton