Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PMK <OT>
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 00:31:09 EDT

<<My curiosity is aroused... I'm going to read up on Phil Davis' articles in
some old PhotoTechniques on his "tube" processing methods. It sounds as
gentle and silent as trays with advantages including the elimination of
potential overdevelopment at the edges of sheets through "surge".

Ed,

According to Gordon Hutchings in his "The Book of Pyro" you have to be
careful with tube processing.  If the film sticks to the inside of the tube
it will not stain properly.  It is important for the developer to circulate
around the back of the film for all over stain.  Maybe small plastic pieces
can be glued to the inside of the tube.  He also says that if you have tubes
already, it's worth a try.  He also suggests using EDTA added to PMK- I think
this makes it similiar to Rollo Pyro?  Please let us know how it works when
you can.

Richard Wasserman