Subject: Re: [Leica] Film problems, again
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 12:21:52 -0700

Ted-
Having worked in a camera store, in the lab, I can vouch for the failure of
the little film tab inserted into the spool method of fastening film!
I always used fresh masking tape when spooling my own, and rarely had a
problem; I used Kodak TRI-X a whole lot, and they still use the tape- I have
never had a roll of Kodak film come in where it had been pulled from the
canister!
Lots of Konica, Fuji, 3M, Agfa, and the famous Chinese "Lucky Film" have
been lost that way, however! Not a week went by without two or three folks
with the presence of mind NOT to open the camera would come in, and we'd
unload the camera in the set-box! we even had special cassettes for the
processor into which we could load 'loose' film!
Ted- YOU DA MAN, but some of us can and do get caught up in the heat of the
moment and get carried away!

Dan ( just a-strokin'!) Post