Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit-R 19mm
From: "Joe B." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 17:31:46 +0100

At 15:32 08/04/00 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm trying to decide the best choice between the old and new version. Am I
>right in assuming that only the older version will take filters? I would
>like to fit a 100mm Silvestri filter holder to enable me to use graduated
>filters.

I wouldn't assume that any given filter adaptor will fit this (older
version) lens because it has a filter thread. I tried a Lee filter holder
on it and it wouldn't go on at all because of the mounting studs for the
lens hood, which are top and bottom on the outside at the front, very close
to the front edge. The only filter holder that I know of that actually fits
is the B+W wideangle filter holder, which takes rimless circular glass
filters, not much good for moving grad filters up and down. But there might
be others I suppose.
PS you could always just hold filters in front of the lens, Art Wolfe style.

Joe B.