Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit-R 19mm
From: "Joe B." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 19:40:15 +0100

At 13:58 08/04/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Don't even try to attach an 82 mm filter to the old version.  The filter
>glass will hit the front element.  As Joe. B. noted, the B+W wide
>angle filter holder (82 mm diam.) is the way to go. I have one and it
>works.  The rimless filters, however, are a non-returnable special
>order item.  Your best bet, if you go that route, is to get in touch
>with Schneider Optics (try http://www.schneideroptics.com)
>directly for the exact wording for the order.  The folks at the U.S.
>office were very helpful to me as I prepared my order
>
>Oh yes - be prepared to spend a bit of money.
>
>Roy

Two other points about the B+W filter holder- [1] you can actually order a
complete B+W wideangle filter which is like the holder except the glass
doesn't come out- it is cheaper if you only want one filter but more
expensive if you want more than one- and, [2] I ordered several resin disks
(equivalent to Cokin filters) of the size to fit the B+W wideangle filter
holder for all those filters I might want to use but wasn't sure and I got
them at a very good price, custom ordered from SRB Film Service in Luton, UK.

www.srbfilm.co.uk

They do all the cutting at once so they are really cheap if you order all
the colours you think you are likely to want at the same time. I got a B+W
glass 023 (dark yellow) for infrared Ektachrome and about a dozen resin disks.

Joe B.