Subject: Re: [Leica] Shades of hoods!
From: "Terence and Patricia" <terpat@magix.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:08:10 +0800

Having used Summilux 50's with both the XOOIM (earliest), 12586 (vented) and
current one quite a lot, I find the current built-in hood very convenient
and, unlike the Summicron 50, sturdy and well made. There isn't the same
tendency to become knocked 'off kilter' as in the Summicron built-in hood.
The current lens is somewhat nicer-proportioned in appearance than its f2
counterpart. On the other hand, the sliding hood will not provide as much
protection as the larger separate shades. Otherwise it seems to do its work
pretty will.

Personally, I like the XOOIM with a first version 50 'lux on an M3 best :-)

Just my $0.02

Terence Tan
Singapore