Subject: Re: [Leica] Shades of hoods!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 07:50:51 -0700

Austin Franklin wrote:
><Snip>
> I have, and use a lot, the current 50/1.4 Summilix-M.  I have not had any
> imaging problems at all that I could attribute to a shortcoming with the
> built-in shade...  I also have the 75/1.4 and 50/1.0 with built-in shades,
> which have given me no problems either.
>
> Do you recall the nature of the 'dissing' of the 50/2?

It's the same glass I think many people were less fond of the built in shade.
I have the previous "preferred" version with the removeable reversible shade but
am not fond of the way it flies off and goes rolling down the sidewalk when you
brush up against something. It's design though seems to have taken a lot of
thought. It shades a lot more than the built in (it's job after all) and has cut
outs put it where it is needed.
Mark Rabiner