Subject: [Leica] Re: Focussing accuracy 0.85 versus 0.72 and the 90/F2 and 75/1.4
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 12:15:21 +0800

Dear Mitch,
Check out Erwins site at
http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/m/bodies/rfaccuracy.html
and the article on focussing accuracy. The gist is that you have a better
chance of focussing accurancy with the 0.85, but you should be able to
focus with the 0.72 - depends on your eye / skill to some extent. For me,
old eyes and unskilled, I prefer the 0.85. Also there isn't much Depth of
Field difference between a 75mm/1.4 and a 90mm/F2.0 wide open so you need
(I should say I need) all the help one can get in focussing - hence my
preference for the 0.85. Lens wise I prefer the 90 for its slightly longer
reach and the fact it can be used on other camera bodies like the CLE and
the M3 which don't have the 75mm frame line.
Cheers
Howard Cummer.