Subject: [Leica] Re: Is the Noctilux for night photograpy?
From: Doug Nygren <dnygr@cshore.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 23:04:54 -0400

I have a question which I'd like to ask the other readers of the list
about.

My question concerns the Noctilux. I do a lot of night photography. I
shoot at F 5.6, use color slide film (Velvia and Kodachrome 64) and get
good results with a 35 mm 1.4 Summilux and and the 21 mm.

How well will the Noctilux perform at 5.6? Will it better or worse than
a 50 mm 1.4 summilux?

My feeling is that the Noctilux is best when wide open.

I have borrowed a Noctilux and have found it difficult to focus. The 35
mm and 21 are fairly easy to focus.

Any comments will be appreciated.

doug nygren