Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 08:43:32 +0200

Hi friends,

Remember a few years ago Kellogs had an advertising campaign for their
corn flakes with the slogan "Try it again for the first time"? Well, I
think that Kodak should do the same with Kodachrome. As some of you
recall, I started using it on a trial basis after moving to Switzerland,
where processing is reasonably fast. Well, the trial period is over, and
the three Kodachrome emulsions are now my base films. Kodachrome 25 for
landscapes in the R8, Kodachrome 64 as the standard film in my chrome
M6, and Kodachrome 200 when extra speed is required. I will still use
Provia F or Velvia on a rare occasion when unnaturally punchy colors are
desired, but I am a total convert to Kodachrome now. It really does go
well with Leica glass. Those of you who live in places where processing
time is not measured in weeks should give it a try.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch