Subject: Re: [Leica] Small flash and cords
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:29:31 -0700

Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow wrote:
><Snip>
> I too have looked long for the ideal small flash with adequate auto
> settings. I use the 32 Z-2, which is a great unit but just too heavy for
> the M series IMO. Looking at the Metz site today after readig your post, I
> saw the 34 GN models with 3 auto settings (still inadequate, but no-one
> seems to offer a small flash with 6 settings, with the exception of the
> Nikon SB-27 (I think), the flat one without tilt). Can anyone recommend/
> criticise either of these units from experience. I know that I like Metz
> for the very reliable auto exposure which seems to be superior to that of
> the Nikons my wife uses. The Metz 34 non AF model looks like a good one,
> but 2-4-8 is very limiting when your synch speed is 1/50. Does anyone know
> of a coiled synch-to-hotshoe cable? It always seems to be synch-to-synch or
> hotshoe-to hotshoe. Does Metz do an adaptor with integral synch cord? The
> website is not very informative.
> BTW, I bought a rapidwinder yesterday - very nice. Also saw the Bessa R in
> the same shop - cute. Terrific viewfinder. A very nice little camera. I'm
> not about to buy one.
> Thanks
> Rob.
>
> Robert Appleby
> V Bellentani 36
> 41100 MO
> Italy
>
> Tel: 0039 059 303436

Again it's the Mecablitz 20 BC 6. 30 or 40 bucks small and does the job. F11
with 400 film.
It looks like it was designed by Leica for the M Camera. Especially a black one.
Does not stick up but hugs the contours of the camera, low slung.
Have not gotten red eye with it but if i did i would not care.
Mark Rabiner