Subject: Re: [Leica]Kodachrome and scanning
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:02:07 -0500

- ------------------------------
Ken Lee wrote:

<Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:01:30 -0400
<From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
<Subject: RE: [Leica] Kodachrome

<Pascal,

<One of the main reasons I have been thinking of getting a scanner is to scan
<some of the thousands of Kodachromes (ASA 10, 25 and 64) I have accumulated
<over the years. Based on the reviews here and elsewhere, I have been saving
<my pennies for the LS-2000. If it won't do the job, is there another scanner
<out there that is more friendly to my favorite film?

<Ken

With all this talk of scanning, am I a minority of one in thinking that
sometimes the Kodachrome transparency itself is the end product?  For my
personal work in color I just want to have luscious slides to look at.  I
have thousands and don't see any reason to have them in nebulous electronic
form when that actual piece of film was on the scene with me and my camera
and shared the experience.

Alan M-R