Subject: Re: [Leica]Kodachrome and scanning
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:04:36 -0700

><Snip>
> With all this talk of scanning, am I a minority of one in thinking that
> sometimes the Kodachrome transparency itself is the end product?  For my
> personal work in color I just want to have luscious slides to look at.  I
> have thousands and don't see any reason to have them in nebulous electronic
> form when that actual piece of film was on the scene with me and my camera
> and shared the experience.
>
> Alan M-R
You scan a slide or neg to make a print. A print is nice. You can look at it!
Tear it up and burn it! Fold spindle and mutilate!
Or you can send it to your E-mail friends over the wires! Have fun retouching
the telephone pole wires growing out of their heads!
It's the digital age!
Mark (off on off on off on) Rabiner