Subject: [Leica] Kodak Photo CD scans
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:51:05 +0000

I had a couple hundred photos scanned onto photoCD via good local lab
and was going through them cropping and color correcting, etc., getting
ready to drop them into an online database, but found myself pretty
unhappy with the sharpness and contrast.  I called the lab technician
who had done the scans and said, "the images I get from the Nikon
supercool scan look much better than the Kodak Photo CD scans."  "Of
course," he said, "it is newer technology."

Frankly, it is much easier to drop 50 images into the bulk loader and
come back in an hour (suitable invirgorated by coffee latte) than Fedex
images or drive an hour to the lab and wait a week and pay a dollar each
and still have to spend quite a bit of time cropping and correcting the
images, especially if you don't need 5 sizes.  Live and learn the hard
way.

FYI,

donal
- --