Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice for a New M6 TTL Owner
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:24:36 +0100

snip>
>I'm new to the LUG, and I'm about to order my very first M6 TTL.
snip
available light (I disdain flash).

Why then do you get yourself a TTL? Pay for something you don't use? Get a
classic M6 with full warranty on special offer and save a quarter of the
price, or more

snip

>Of course, a no-compromise solution would be to buy _both_ bodies (or the
>.72 M6 for the 35 and an M3 for the 50 and 90), but I'd really rather save
>the money for glass if possible.

With hindsight, I am now of the opinion that the second body should be
bought before the third lens. You will have more picture opportunities with
two bodies and two lenses  than with one body and three lenses if you want
to use both 3200 film and 400 film. With one body one always has the wrong
film in the camera.

>Finally, I've decided on the silver chrome body and black lenses.  That's my
>compromise between an aesthetic love for chrome and the weight savings of
>the black aluminum lens casings.

If I can get a demonstrator lens with full guarantee I buy it regardless of
wheather it  is black or chrome.
I have two M6 bodies, there I find it convenient to have one black and one
chrome, that avoides mixing them up, but that is of course only helful as
long as you always keep high speed film in the black body and low speed
film in the chrome one (or the other way round).