Subject: [Leica] Re: Help me mat & frame?
From: kwilcox@mail.davison.k12.mi.us (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:42:00 -0400

>So, call the mat in the front the window mat.  What material do you
>use to hinge the window mat to the thing behind it?  I've used a tape
>called Filmoplast 90 and/or a linen tape w/ a water activated
>adhesive.

I don't attache it with anything. I frame the photo and it stays put.

>How do you like to hang the photo.  We played with corners (prefab and
>home made) and "tape T's".  I've found that I like the tape T trick so
>far.

Drymount.

>What do you attach the photo to?  We used pieces of the same material
>we were using for the window mats.  I've also hinged the window mat to
>foam core and attached the photo to that, but it felt slightly
>blasphemous.

Acid free mat board or foamcore.

>What do you put in front of the picture?  Glass or acrylic.  If you
>use acrylic, do you have trouble with it scratching?

Plain window glass. I don't like the non-glare type. It obscures sharpness.

Ken Wilcox

DO NOT use the reply fuction! Address any response to wilcox@tir.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                        Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits

				      preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
						   <kwilcox@gfn.org>