Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 Rangefinder - Was M6 classic and 90mm lenses
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:53:03 -0700

The RF image in the M finder is collimated at infinity, there is no
'shifting' of the images when you move your eye. The LTM rangefinders do
have this shifting but with the magnification it's easy to be on center
with their RF.

IMO the flaring problem in the M6 finder is caused by a change that
Leica made in the optics. Some don't have much problem with it but I
have experienced it several times and sometimes it made the RF just
unusable.

Dennis