Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice re Classic HM M6 please
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 02:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

- --0-35005211-956223986=:6767

Around 3100 "classic" M6HM were produced. Right around the time when it was discontinued and replaced by the TTL version, some dealers optimistically jacked up the price of the classic model by several hundred dollars, apparently trying to create a perceived scarcity value. Since then, this differential has come down significantly and the premium is in the 100-200 USD range, if at all. If your body has signs of use, do not assume that it will provide for your retirement--unless you shoot some fabulous pictures with it that will bring royalties ;-)

Nathan

Boreham <boreham@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
I have a classic HM which I use regularly and is the only M6 I have. Is it
becoming a valuable collectors item ? I personally am only interested in
using not collecting, so if it has or will become more valuable than a new
TTL HM I would rather make the switch and put the gain towards more glass.
The body is currently unmarked but has the usual greying of the edges. If it
is acquiring collectors value I shall feel inhibited using it compared to an
ordinary TTL HM. I have not seen any advertised in the UK for many months.
Opinions and advice welcome please.
Mike

Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-35005211-956223986=:6767

<P>Around 3100 &quot;classic&quot; M6HM were produced. Right around the time when it was discontinued and replaced by the TTL version, some dealers optimistically jacked up the price of the classic model by several hundred dollars, apparently trying to create a perceived scarcity value. Since then, this differential has come down significantly and the premium is in the 100-200 USD range, if at all. If your body has signs of use, do not assume that it will provide for your retirement--unless you shoot some fabulous pictures with it that will bring royalties ;-)</P>
<P>Nathan</P>
<P><B><I>Boreham &lt;boreham@dial.pipex.com&gt;</B></I> wrote:<BR>
Send online invitations with <a href="http://invites.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Invites</a>.
- --0-35005211-956223986=:6767--