Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice re Classic M6 please, now: OFF topic
From: kwilcox@mail.davison.k12.mi.us (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:22:12 -0400

I don't have a TTL but previous LUG posts have indicated that if the TTL
camea is not sored in the OFF position that it will suck the battery dry in
short order.

Ken Wilcox

At 7:22 AM -0600 4/20/0, John Collier wrote:
>For years people have been asking for a way to turn the meter off so that
>one can meter a scene and then not have the lights annoying you as you
>shoot. Leica decided to tease us with an off position. Sort of saying,"What,
>we gave you what you want and you are still not happy!" I do not have a TTL
>and it may be possible to meter in the "B" position which would be a useful
>increase in low light abilities.
>
>John Collier
>
>> From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>\
>>
>> Skip writes:
>>
>>> I was willing to give up the other TTL advantages (TTL flash, larger,
>>> easier to turn SS dial, and the off switch) to keep all my cameras with
>>> identical handling.
>>
>> Okay, maybe someone can explain to me the deal with the "off" switch
>> on the TTL? I thought moving the dial to "B" on the classic M6 shut
>> the meter off. So what does the "off" switch on the TTL do over and
>> above moving the dial to "B"?
>>
>> Byron.

DO NOT use the reply fuction! Address any response to wilcox@tir.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                        Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits

				      preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
						   <kwilcox@gfn.org>