Subject: Re: [Leica] Colour negative film
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:36:46 -0400

Henry Ambrose jotted down the following:

> Martin,
> On this flat bed scanner issue - unless you HAVE to do MF film or scan
> prints, I suggest you buy a dedicated 35mm film scanner. You will see
> much, much better results from your Leica film.
> (WhewŠ I finally got OT)

Have do MF film which I want to be able to scan.  Also, since this is being
bought for work, we need to be able to scan paper.  That is the primary
work-related scanning function we need.  The ability to scan film is a bonus
and one which, initially at least, will mainly be used by me for hobby use.
Over time, this may change, at which point we may purchase a dedicated film
scanner.  But not initially.

Thanks for you comments on negative vs. reversal film.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Armored with good intentions and
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | ignorance, one is impregnable to
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | learning.