Subject: Re: [Leica] making contact prints
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:15:33 -0700

Joan & Ken Lee wrote:
> Can you recommend a archival type clear page sleeves that come close to
> fitting on an 8X10 sheet. I have several makes of 6 and 7 strip sheets and
> they all result in at least 1/4 inch missing from the top & bottom of the
> sheet. I have tried to find the  81/2 X 11 paper but it is special order and
> expensive.
>
> Any common sense tips?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Ken,

I use "Printfile" sleeves,  style 35 - 7B that have 7 sleeves in the one
page and you cut your negs in strips of 5. These fit on a sheet of 8X10
in contacting with a bit of sprocket hoe loss....no big deal as who the
heck cares about sprocket holes? :-)

I've used these for many years and as soon as the rolls are dry they are
examined on the big light table, cut in strips of 5, sleeved and off to
the darkroom for contacting.

That's as common sense as I can get to-night as we contacted about 80
rolls of B&W today from one shoot and just finished the drying and
matching contact with neg. sleeve.  Now the big chore start as, editing
before printing the work prints.  :-(

I hope this helps with your contact question and you don't have to go to
the expense of 8 1/2 X 11 paper unless you really want to see every
little frame number, however, if you're careful you can put the sheet of
negs on the 8X10 and just get them on with a tiny sprocket loss at the
top of the paper.

heck I've done it this way for close to 50 years and it's always worked
for me, so please be my guest. :-)

ted