Subject: [Leica] Advice re Classic HM M6 please
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:59:45 -0700 (PDT)

Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Around 3100 "classic" M6HM were produced.

Where did you find this number?  I'd like to be able to see what the
production runs are for various models.  Any idea on how many current
M6s are being made?

Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com> wrote:

> Okay, maybe someone can explain to me the deal with the "off" switch
> on the TTL? I thought moving the dial to "B" on the classic M6 shut
> the meter off. So what does the "off" switch on the TTL do over and
> above moving the dial to "B"?

It turns off the metering...same as leaving the shutter uncocked.

Either I didn't get mine into the off position all the way, or it
allows me to take a picture while turned off!  I was able to fire the
shutter while I thought my M6 was off.